My roommate Meg and I at the Library of Congress
disclaimer: my pictures are dark and not complete, but I LOVED today. Please enjoy!
Today was a special day because we traveled into Washington Mall again to visit the Capitol Building and many other inspirational and touching sites, namely the Holocaust Museum, the Washington Monument, the Vietnam Veterans Memorial (The Wall) and many more.
We started in the Capitol Building, receiving a very organized and well-done, simple tour and then moved on to the other sites.

US Capitol Building
disclaimer: my pictures are dark and not complete, but I LOVED today. Please enjoy!
Today was a special day because we traveled into Washington Mall again to visit the Capitol Building and many other inspirational and touching sites, namely the Holocaust Museum, the Washington Monument, the Vietnam Veterans Memorial (The Wall) and many more.
We started in the Capitol Building, receiving a very organized and well-done, simple tour and then moved on to the other sites.

US Capitol Building
I walked into the Library of Congress with some girls and then we moseyed around, stopping by the Supreme Court building but we didn't go inside (it was under construction). These places were majestic and wowing but not as striking in some ways as sites I saw later.

Library of Congress

Library of Congress
Supreme Court Building
As I walked down Pennsylvania Street, I saw many building that resemble the marvelous architecture that I find so intriguing and regal.
Buildings:
Then, we walked past the White House. I LOVED seeing this...

White House
Buildings:
Then, we walked past the White House. I LOVED seeing this...

White House
...we ate lunch and walked more until we reached the Lincoln Memorial. As we approached the site, we saw the World War II Memorial with all 50 states represented. Krystal and I later had our picture taken next to the Oregon monument. :)


We saw the Lincoln Memorial and then visited the Vietnam Memorial as well-it was so cool. I really appreciated it and the location was prime with the Washington Monument just to the side -it makes for great photos!! :) (but I don't have any right now)
Along the way, we passed by the World War II Memorial again and I enjoyed the walk (especially the ducks near the pond) as we made our way to the Holocaust Museum.

Quote on side of Holocaust Museum Wall-you probably can't read it but it's great!
This was another "last but not least" sites that touched me. I was so impressed by the fabulously artistic way of displaying and teaching about this event and just ...well awe-struck and somewhat speechless about my feelings toward this museum's way of telling the stories from World Ward II.

Cute little Jewish kitchen for a German family before the contention broke out.

Washington Mall
I thought, how lucky we are to be in this country today and I really believe it...not lucky, but blessed! :)

Washington Monument
Along the way, we passed by the World War II Memorial again and I enjoyed the walk (especially the ducks near the pond) as we made our way to the Holocaust Museum.

Quote on side of Holocaust Museum Wall-you probably can't read it but it's great!
This was another "last but not least" sites that touched me. I was so impressed by the fabulously artistic way of displaying and teaching about this event and just ...well awe-struck and somewhat speechless about my feelings toward this museum's way of telling the stories from World Ward II.

Cute little Jewish kitchen for a German family before the contention broke out.

Washington Mall
I thought, how lucky we are to be in this country today and I really believe it...not lucky, but blessed! :)

Washington Monument




No comments:
Post a Comment