Sunday, August 5, 2012

Sunday in New England:)

Today was our last day in New England.  

We went to church and then visited some sites until this afternoon/evening when we came back to eat pizza! :) 

 We were SO hungry.  
(Traditionally, for Latter-day Saints, the first Sunday of every month is a "Fast Sunday" where you go without food and water for two meals, usually for some purpose that will help you spiritually.  I didn't fast this time because I have a cold and I figured my body can use the nutrients from breakfast and stuff, but most the rest of my group did, so by five o'clock, we were HUNGRY!!) :)

Between church and eating, we visited: The Salem Witch Museum (about the Salem Witch Trials), The House of Seven Gables (literary site), the birthplace of Nathaniel Hawthorne, the Friendship of Salem ship (the first post-revolution trade ship recreated), and Custom House (referred to in the beginning of Nathaniel Hawthorne's book, The Scarlet Letters. :) 

Here's some friends from the trip with me at the statue next to the Salem Witch Museum site. 

Amanda, Megan, Erika, McKenzie, me, Brooke, and Marshall




No comments:

Post a Comment