Thursday, August 9, 2012

Columns...my day in Washington D.C.:)

Today we went to Washington D.C. and LOVED it!! ...or I did ...and I think the rest of us enjoyed it too!  

We went to several choice places including George Washington's Estate called Mt. Vernon that sits right on the Potomac River ...and it's BEAUTIFUL!! I LOVED -loved! loved! loved! :) his house and property!  He was such a good man and had such a regal presence evident in his home.  I could go on and on...ah!  beside the fact that it was beautiful inside and out, it had this spirit about it that just emanated the man himself-VERY admirable!!  
 Here's my room mate, Anna & I afar off from G. Washington's house at Mt. Vernon

After going to see George Washington's home, we ate lunch and headed to a place called Washington Mall where we spent the rest of the afternoon.  First, we went inside part of the National Gallery of Art and saw some paintings (then I ate some Gelato! ...thurpp!!! it was tasty!).  

After the Gallery, I went off with a smaller group of us to see the Declaration of Independence and the Constitution that are housed in the National Archives and museum after museum from there! :)

I LOVE the columns that are so prominent in the older architecture of the time when a lot of the buildings were built...here's one of them that we went to:

Last, but not least, we visited the Washington D.C. LDS Temple that is home to many marriages that allow for families to be together forever! :)
Washington D.C. Temple
This is the entire Mormon American Travel Studies Group that I'm traveling with standing in front of a (blurry, I know) statue of Christ in the Visitor's Center of the temple.  It was SO great to visit and bond with the group! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment