Monday, August 20, 2012

Last day on the road! :)

Today was great!  We said good-bye to our fabulous bus driver, Darryl in Independence, Missouri where we finished the bulk of our tour with some church history sites.  We loved him and had a lot of fun saying good-bye, but it was bittersweet.  

We flew on a couple planes with a fast layover in Denver.  I saw the dry dessert of Salt Lake City about 4:30pm today and at first, I was disappointed to not see green.  Almost everywhere we went on the east coast was green and home is green, so I felt estranged in this dry, yellow-y land...but this soon escaped me when I felt the homey air of Utah and realized I was in a sort of familiar home.  :)  I love being here with my grandparents and I get to stay with them tomorrow night, so I'm really excited.  

We finished up our last evening at Cafe Rio, a welcome change from lots of fast food, buffets, & pizza-it's easier to feed a crowd this way, I understand, but after 3 weeks, it's definitely not your first pick! :) Our director's suggestion to change it up was well received. :) 

I'm so excited for one more night with my favorite room mates (OK, I have more favorites but for this trip, they've been AWESOME!) before we separate tomorrow.  Our group gets one more morning to debrief and then watch a video before our last meal and good-byes.  By tomorrow afternoon, we shall all be on our separate ways with fond memories and learning weaved into our hearts forever!   I can honestly say I LOVED it!  :)
 
 Our Forever 21 matching polka-dot socks! :)



No comments:

Post a Comment