Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Church History Sites and a LOT of fun!! :)

Yesterday we stayed in Palmyra, a very beautiful place in New York that homes a temple, two different restored homes where Joseph Smith lived in, the Sacred Grove, where he prayed to find out which church he should join amongst all the religious excitement, and a nice homey cafe that we ate lunch at near the Erie Canal.  
 Frame home for the Smith family for a while

In summary, it was a marvelous day with spirit and love.   I felt the spirit really strong and was so happy to be there and on this trip-SO glad I came.  It helped me feel peace to sit in the Sacred Grove and visit sites where significant spiritual events happened long ago.  I LOVED yesterday! :) 

Today, we went to Ohio and visited some sites there.  We'll hit more tomorrow and so I'll post pics of them then, but for today we mostly saw ...NIAGARA FALLS & rode on the bus! 

 
We stopped at this beach! :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment