I had an an awesome day! That's all there is to it! ...Well, here it is: :)
It started at the temple where we did a session of temple ordinances together for about 2 hours! :) I felt the spirit and it was great!
It was SO pretty and a beautiful day...but not too HOT! (we appreciate this change from the east coast where is was HOT and muggy) :)
This is the Nauvoo Temple in Nauvoo, Illinois, restored by the LDS church from the original that was built in the1840's by the early latter-day saints.
It was barely finished enough to use some before they crossed the plains to the Salt Lake Valley in 1846, two years after the prophet Joseph Smith was martyred. The church rebuilt it and dedicated it in 2002.
Nauvoo, Illinois
Sketch of two boys representing many who assisted the poor and needy in the early days of latter-day saints when times were rough. I read a plaque that said some boys helped by fishing. :) :)
Reminder of the gospel message that Christ still lives and loves us. (His hands are stretched out still.)
I love this picture because it's where we stopped tonight after walking the Trail of Hope leading up the Mississippi River where the saints crossed after leaving their homes, city, temple, and friends in order find peace later in the Salt Lake Valley.
Thanks to everybody who helped me in any way to come on this trip! :) It's been a blessing!



No comments:
Post a Comment