Saturday, January 18, 2014

New Discoveries and a little update:)

Hi! Tonight, I got to do some family research about my ancestors and I found a neat tool for finding records.  It's a compilation of records from Mormon pioneer overland travels across the plains, and I found some of my deceased family in a record for the William S. Warren Company.  They're related to my great grandfather, Milton Ronald Shaw.  :) Here's the link if anyone is interested.  I'm excited I found this new resource! 
It was really fun to do family history and I felt guided to find family that I connected with.  I'm excited to do more! :) I also found a cool article about what we can give as gifts for our future families and it looked pretty cool. :) 

As far as my life goes in general, I am happy.  I am at BYU-Idaho as a full-time student, and I'm taking classes mostly for my Communications major: Visual Media, Writing for a Communications Career, Public Speaking and an introduction to Communications class.  I'm also taking a religion class that I'm excited for because I am feeling like I am going to learn a lot! In addition to that, I received a call to serve in the presidency for the church Relief Society for my ward.  This is a new calling of relatively uncharted territory but I'm looking forward to the learning, adventures, and joy ahead! :) 
I hope you all feel empowered for their future in 2014!  :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment