Tonight, I helped my mom in the kitchen with my sister as we prepared some Thanksgiving dishes. It was fun. We watched A Charlie Brown Thanksgiving and part of the Charlie Brown Mayflower feature. :) Have any of you ever seen these? They can be pretty entertaining. The clever humor that laces the plots provided a considerable amount of laughing for us. :) Also, I couldn't help but think of the added insight I gained about the pilgrims and humble beginnings of this country a couple summers ago when I traveled to and learned about the entrance and settlements of many newcomers. Their resilience and sacrifice are incredible.
Here's a peak at some recreations/representations of live events and places:
The Mayflower II
The Mayflower II
Plymouth Rock
The "Moo-Flower"
Re-enactments of settlements
This year I am grateful for my family. They have been so good to me this year that I've stayed with them. :) I am also grateful for employment opportunities, traveling opportunities, and educational blessings that have come my way. I've also been very blessed in the friend department. I've had a lot of fun and created a lot of good memories. :) I'm grateful for the upcoming semester at BYU-Idaho in January and the blessings of learning, fun, and growth that will come there. I've been super blessed this year and I hope you all have a very memorable Thanksgiving. :)






No comments:
Post a Comment