Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Fall Fun

Birthday Celebration
My birthday celebration was a rousing success!  :)  I was surrounded with warm blessings, wishes, and love.  One of my favorite parts of the day was enjoying a delicious pulled pork ("fresh mex" style) with rice and beans.  I am a huge Mexican food (especially the "fresh mex" variation) fan for sure! :)  

 family -and David :) at the "dessert" table  
 We scored a doozy when we found this recipe in a new cookbook that practically fell in my mom's lap & begged her to buy it (over dramatized and not 100% accurate of course). ;) 
I found this recipe in about September and decided that it would be a delicious birthday dessert and began setting things in motion for that to happen.  I asked for some extra layers (wish you could see them clearly, but it got pretty melty).  They are made of brownie mix, mint chocolate chip ice cream, (she repeated those two layers) and whipped cream with shaved Andes Mint pieces sprinkled on the top. :) 

Pumpkin Fun!  
 My sister, mom, and I had fun in the kitchen a while ago making some pumpkin bars! :)  I made a mistake measuring & adding the baking soda so in order to even out all the proportions we doubled the batch, but it's okay because it turned out great! 
My cute mother helping us put it together! :)  She's pretty great at "punting" when there's such miscalculations that could mess up results! 

Also, my best friend of many years, David Morgan & I have officially embarked on a journey into romantic territory! :)
Some of you have waited a LONG time for this to happen and to you, I say "haha joke's on me!"  ...we are both eating many of our long-time sustained words as we become "more than friends" :)

One of our fun dates was carving pumpkins together!  Anyone who knows us well can probably identify who did which pumpkin, but I'll tell you. :) 
left (me), middle (mostly David), right (David) 
...he has the dominant creative touch when it comes to pumpkin carving! :)

haha.  I just listened to the lyrics to this song called "Oh No!" by Mindy Gledhill and thought of it in context of David & I and it just makes me laugh because we've resisted this for so long but alas!  We've joined the roller coaster blast of dating together!  I'm so happy! :)  

No comments:

Post a Comment