This week was GREAT! I spent my time going to Utah State University with my Mom and Sam, seeing family, skiing for the first time and driving home! :) I also got to go to the new shopping mall in Salt Lake City called City Creek Center next to Temple Square and see a former room mate who was passing through... I hope you enjoy the little pictures that show the fun along the way! :) The trip was great and provided good bonding time for Sam & I along with my mom AND ...I learned how to ski!:) ENJOY!!
FIRST OFF: ROOM MATES:)
Sunday, I went to my grandma's house and found this picture on her fridge. It warmed my soul because it's a picture of my room mates and I taken at the beginning of the semester that I sent my grandma after she looked at some and said she wanted one of her own! I thought of my room mates that I had just said good-bye to not too long before and it just made me so happy to see us all together on her fridge among the collection of photos from YEARS of memories! Congratulations apartment 314! :) WE MADE THE FRIDGE!! :)
SECOND: I went yard working and tree climbing! :)
Monday, we worked in the yard for my grandma! She loved having the help and my mom, Sam, and I enjoyed the outdoors! :) This tree in her front yard looked like a good climbing tree so when we were done, I gave it a shot! :)
CLIMBING A TREE! :)
THIRD: GOING TO THE PARK! My cousins are SO cute!
Sliding...:)
Say cheese!
There's nothing like the feeling of making a child happy! I was having a bad day because I was tired and grumpy. It was rough stuff going around Utah State on low sleep and a grouchy attitude, plus eventually, a headache ...eating the Famous Aggie Ice Cream helped though! ;)
After eating the ice cream & running some errands, I took a nap and felt ...well, I felt better, but also weird (you know that out of sorts, groggy, non-social feeling? Yeah, that was me) I tried so hard to put on a good face for my cousins when we were at the park for a family picnic later but it wasn't until we got going on the slides and then went over to the swings that I truly began to feel better! The sun helped! I loved hearing their joyful laughs! :)
FOUR: My first Ski Trip!
Sam and I at the ski slope! :)
Deer Valley Ski Resort:) SO fun!! :)
Sam, my mom, & my dad's cousin Matt, the ski instructor!
My Mom skiing...this was a fun trip! I love the experience of learning how to ski. Matt was a good teacher! ...and fun to be with! I had a great time and the snow was pretty good-even if it was melting! :) SO fun!! :)
FIVE: Meeting my friend Miriam again, ...and shopping in the city! :)

Miriam was my room mate last semester (Fall) and we enjoyed our semester together! She has a great sense of fun and she's also a really good cook! Thursday, we meet in Salt Lake City to eat some food and explore the new mall before she went back to school for the Spring term (she's been home working) and though it was raining, we managed to make a good memory of it! :)
THE LDS SLC TEMPLE:

This is the Salt Lake City, Utah Temple of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints and it's a beautiful building that's been standing on this block of church building for years (referred to as Temple Square). It's where special ordinances in the church are performed allowing for blessings such as forever families, so families can be together even after this life. :) When my family goes to visit it we are usually rushed, but this time, my mom and I were able to to relax a little bit and enjoy the scene. It was nice! The timeless beauty and castle-like features captured in this picture with the American Flag waving right next to it just touched me and I thought I'd add it in for you! :)
THE MALL:
Salt Lake City just put in a new shopping mall downtown by the temple that's called City Creek Center. It's SO beautiful, complete with waterfalls! :)

SO fun!! Such a great shopping center! SO BIG!

...the sun even came out! :)
SIX: FAMILY!:)

For dinner, we got together with my Dad's brothers and it was great to see them and bond one last night before coming home!! :) (I know the picture is kind of blurry but it's the best we had for the time! :) Good ol' camera phones! :)
SEVEN: Last, the trees...and the way back!
FIVE: Meeting my friend Miriam again, ...and shopping in the city! :)

Miriam was my room mate last semester (Fall) and we enjoyed our semester together! She has a great sense of fun and she's also a really good cook! Thursday, we meet in Salt Lake City to eat some food and explore the new mall before she went back to school for the Spring term (she's been home working) and though it was raining, we managed to make a good memory of it! :)
THE LDS SLC TEMPLE:

This is the Salt Lake City, Utah Temple of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints and it's a beautiful building that's been standing on this block of church building for years (referred to as Temple Square). It's where special ordinances in the church are performed allowing for blessings such as forever families, so families can be together even after this life. :) When my family goes to visit it we are usually rushed, but this time, my mom and I were able to to relax a little bit and enjoy the scene. It was nice! The timeless beauty and castle-like features captured in this picture with the American Flag waving right next to it just touched me and I thought I'd add it in for you! :)
THE MALL:
Salt Lake City just put in a new shopping mall downtown by the temple that's called City Creek Center. It's SO beautiful, complete with waterfalls! :)

SO fun!! Such a great shopping center! SO BIG!

...the sun even came out! :)
SIX: FAMILY!:)

For dinner, we got together with my Dad's brothers and it was great to see them and bond one last night before coming home!! :) (I know the picture is kind of blurry but it's the best we had for the time! :) Good ol' camera phones! :)
SEVEN: Last, the trees...and the way back!
This is the picture of Oregonian trees that I took on the way home!! :) HELLO OREGON!! HERE I COME!! :) :)
THE MATTER CAR: Look at the license plate! ;)
Great Trip! I had fun and now I'm ready to relax and work hard for the summer so that I can go back to school in the fall! :)












This stuff is precious! I am so glad you are keeping a record of your life...I am sure I should do something similar, but would have no idea how to do this. You are talented as a journal historian! And I love reading about your perspective on things. Thanks, and keep it up, Heidi Tidy! I love you mountains!!!
ReplyDeleteMom xoxoxo