Sunday, September 25, 2011

The Altitude Change...and Dinner! ;)

This week, our friends, Ben and Addison came over and made brownies for us.  (They don't have a kitchen of their own. :)  We had kind of a funny experience because they brought a mix and extra flour among their ingredients...we asked them why they brought some extra flour and Addison,-from Idaho- said it was for the altitude difference!  Who knew!?  We learned that if you want to make brownies and not have them turn hard, you need to add extra flour!  You learn something new every day!  :)  (We'd tried to make brownies before and they didn't turn out so we were very grateful for this tip!)
Here is Miriam, me, Ben, & Krystal.  After taking us to get groceries on Friday evening Ben and Addison came over to help us put them away and Ben even stayed for dinner!  Our wonderful cook on the left is Miriam, and she's used to cooking for eight siblings, so she's pretty much the 'pro' around here.  It was really fun and we watched The Best Two Years afterward! :)
 
Miriam and the magnificent dinner! :)
Ziti noodles, hamburger meat, sauce, corn, canned peaches, and pink lemonade!

3 comments:

  1. Hey, thanks for the link! So fun to read all about your college life and roommates. Looks like you are having a blast. And yeah, I love you like a daughter too. You and Melissa are special girls.

    I was putting in 12 hour days at the pear farm, that is finally finished. I hope to get on top of some things now. Love to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just got caught up on the posts I hadn't seen yet. I am so glad you are doing this! It really helps others feel a part of your life at college. We so miss you, but you are in the right place doing the right thing - and having fun doing it! Keep up the good work!

    Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks you both! (Moms) :) I LOVE it here and I'm just having SO much fun! Hope you guys get back into your groove soon! I'll keep you posted as best I can! ;)

    ReplyDelete