Monday, August 15, 2011
..."Popcorn Popping on the Apricot Tree..."
Tonight we sung Popcorn during our Family Night. It was delightful. I really enjoyed being with my family and it was a special treat to be home for Family Night because I was originally scheduled to work at Romy until closing which keeps me up past my bedtime -usually later than 10:00pm. I'm really excited to blog right now and I just added a link to my Heidi's Happenings Blog to Mormon.org and I've been thinking about it a lot. We had a fireside last night with the missionaries, who showed us how cool this site really is and how we can simply use it in our lives to do missionary work. I went to work today (at the dental office) with a girl there in mind that I would share the sight with because that's who I felt like I could reasonably share it with this week and she's a Mormon, she just hasn't been active for years. The challenge was to share the website with someone in mind that you thought should hear it and I thought it was her. Dr. Bryan, the dentist I work for who's also in our ward was asking me if I went to the fireside last night when I was sitting in the dental assistant's chair this morning and it came right up. I told Sara about it too; she was standing right next to me when he asked, so I talked about it in front of her too. She thought it sounded cool and said she would share it with the other assistant that works there named Lisa because she sometimes has questions. I thought it was SO cool and I felt the power of the intention that I set yesterday when the missionaries challenged us to be better missionaries in that moment this morning. It was really cool. I know it's true that Heavenly Father wants us to do missionary work and I know I can! ...On another quick note, I titled this post '"...Popcorn Popping on the Apricot Tree..."' because that's a song we sung in Primary, it was always a delight, and my family needed some lighthearted entertainment tonight. It really helped and I really enjoyed it. I have a testimony that families are central unit to the creator's plan of happiness. I know that they can be together forever, in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment