Thursday, May 23, 2013

A smidgen of the roller coaster without all the downs. :)

Well, life has been quite gripping lately.  It's like when you're reading a book and you're impatient to see what happens.  You LIVE for the next page and then it introduces more questions than it answers so you just keep going from page to page, chapter to chapter {in this case, sometimes hour to hour} wondering when all your questions will be answered.  haha.  That's about how my life feels right now, so I'm reminded of this little phrase accompanied by this picture: 

SLOW DOWN and STOP TO SMELL THE ROSES: 

Last weekend, I celebrated the earning of the Eagle Scout Award with my closest brother in age, Sam.
Can I just say how grateful I am for the scouting program that in conjunction with the church program helped my brother become who he is today: GREAT. He runs a business franchise, works really hard, has a attracted a very wonderful girl into his life.  :)   I am happy for him.  Here is a picture of the both of us after the Court of Honor when we were just trying to get ONE -at least- good picture, and they turned out really goofy. :) 

 ok, why don't we just make this as silly as possible! 

Also, I got to reunite with one of my best friends, Shayla Grether recently and we've had a great time together since she's been home so far and I hope for lots of great times this summer!  She is a great friend!  
 

Also, (this is probably not the least of the news some of you may have been waiting for), I made a decision to pursue an 18 month LDS mission this past month and working on plans to get me to the "take off" position.  :)  I'll let you know as more details come...but for now, I'm preparing to go on a mission! :) One way I am preparing (or started to prepare tonight) is by visiting with the Sister Missionaries locally and accompanying them in their lessons.  I sat in on a lesson tonight.  One of my biggest hesitations was fear.  Fear of saying the right thing, fear of what people think, and talking out loud about something so serious, sensitive, and special to me.  Funny thing was I was not afraid at all tonight.  I was excited, calm, and hopeful.  I'm so grateful for that experience.  I realized the gospel and missionary work are not very different than teaching a Sunday School class or being a friend to someone you love.  It's familiar and it felt natural.  I thought of this scripture:  
"For God hath not given us the spirit of fear,;but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind." 
2 Timothy 1:9 
I can do this. :)  So grateful for all the support I've received as I've made this decision.  

Last but not least is one of the friends who supported me the most in going on a mission.  Tomorrow, she leaves for a service mission in Idaho and I'm so excited for her.  She's waited a long time to be able to serve this mission and she's very excited also. :) 

It's been a great last few months and I'm grateful for the ride! ...even if it is a roller coaster sometimes! ;)

1 comment:

  1. I'm so proud of you and excited about you serving a mission! You will be AWESOME!!! You have such a strong spirit with you. People will be attracted to your radiating smile and before they know it, they will be asking to be baptized!!!
    I loved what you said about living a life like a good book where you have to keep turning the pages. Living a life by faith is always the way to go, even if it leaves you walking blindly at times. I have learned time and time again that the Lord's way is always better than anything I could come up with! I can't wait to hear more from you!!! Hmmmmm, I wonder where you'll go? : )

    ReplyDelete