Today in one of my church meetings, we sung a hymn called "Sunshine In My Soul" which has historically been one of my favorite hymns but today the words took a unique effect. Especially in the last verse I was realizing the happy times among the hardship and felt true "sunshine in my soul." I'm so grateful for the blessings of the gospel in my life.
Today I had the opportunity to celebrate Mother's Day by making my mom dinner with my dad and some siblings. We are certainly not a picture perfect family:) no one is! But I know my family is blessed by the light of Christ and I felt his love help us as we tried to honor my mother today. :) I hope you all enjoyed celebrating the mother roles in your life. I know that in addition to my own loving mother who I love and appreciate, I have some supplemental mothers who offer guidance that I am also grateful for.
One of the talks I listened to today in church was about the special role of motherhood and it's importance in our lives today, especially in this world where there are so many special challenges and strains on our society. I am grateful for all the mothers who selflessly serve to help others become the people we are meant to become-our best selves! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment