Well I just read a little snippet of Stephanie Nielson's Heaven Is Here. It's a great book. :) But, please don't take my word for it. You can read it yourself! :) I second the comment on the front of the cover: "I recommend this book to anyone who needs a reminder of just how strong the human spirit is." Ree Drummond
This book is about Stephanie Nielson's life; how she grew up and found her love (great! love story by the way in my personal opinion), built up a life with children and her husband, and was happy to be at home and be a homemaker. She was really good at it. She even was featured in a Martha Stewart magazine at one point and was good at just about anything you would associate with nurturing and love in the home. She had taste for style, decoration, funny stories to write on her blog, etc. She basically was truly living a happily ever after and then she got hurt. Her life changed dramatically and she had to cope. She also had to make a big decision and lots of other less huge but still significant ones that took courage and strength.
Today I was reading about how she felt strength from all of the people supporting her. I cried actual tears for the first time since I started reading the book (to my firm memory) and then realized why: She was explaining how she found out from her mom about the publicity and support that her story received. While her family was adjusting to all the changes (I won't go into detail for the sake of those of you who will read the book-:) she was told of how people raised large amounts of money, shared toys, homes, and love with her children, and more to help her. She didn't know most all of the people who reached out in one way or another to help her. As I was reading I felt that sense of gratitude that she related for her own support reiterated in my heart and mind. I reflected on my own support. I don't dare say my experiences have been such as hers. She definitely had a dramatic change that is rare and unlikely but still possible for each of us. But the same sense of appreciation still abides. I was touched at the love she felt as the news of the scope her story included opened to her and I felt the love of the many of loving family and friends, near and far in time and space who have blessed my life. Thank you! :)
I was talking with an adult friend who I work for today. She said she remembers just how she felt when she was at my age. We mentioned dating, marriage, serving a mission, and the sense of confusion about where your life is supposed to be going. It can feel very daunting. There are so many "unknowns" in my life but yet a lot of blessings ahead and now that I feel and I can't stop going just because I don't know what's going to come. I am excited for my future and the happy time ahead. There's lots of decisions and things to look forward to without being sure of timing and I'm grateful I too, like Stephanie Nielson have an anchor in my Savior Jesus Christ who atoned for my sins and sorrows, ...and everything uncomfortable I go through so he understands. My Heavenly Father has a plan and I'm okay. I will make it. I am so grateful for my life and people like Stephanie Nielson who set an extraordinary example of perseverance! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment