Wednesday, January 23, 2013

One Foot in Front of the Other

There’s a common saying that goes like this:

“A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step"  (from a Chinese Philosopher, Lao Tzu

…and a very wise man added to this: “so watch your step"(a talk from Elder Holland).

I find this to be true in my case right now as I embark on an important journey.  I am considering serving a mission coming this fall, I want to earn a degree, and eventually serve as a wife and mother.  These are my goals. Right now, I work as a nanny for a family in my church on most weekdays, and then here and there wherever I can fit other cleaning or babysitting jobs into my schedule. 

I am taking three online classes: Old Testament, (see my blog I am working on to post about readings we have once a weekly basis), Environmental Stewardship, and Foundations Capstone.  Each class has its pros and cons but I like them all and hope it’s going to be a good semester!  I’m really excited for my adventures up ahead, but for now I keep moving forward   

ONE.  STEP.  AT.  A.  TIME.  :)   




*This star is actually the monument of sorts that signifies the relative location of the Boston Massacre.  I went there this past summer and stood, then paused (there was a lot of commotion), and ultimately marveled at the history of our country.  I feel awe-struck at the extreme work that was put into creating a free and blessed nation and I hope to adopt this sort of work ethic as I embark on my personal journey for happiness...my feet always moving toward the one true guiding star, Jesus Christ, my Savior.   

No comments:

Post a Comment